Move to Canada!
Approximately 300,000 people from around the world move to Canada every year as Canadian permanent residents, making this incredible country one of the top immigration destinations on Earth. Although people who immigrate to Canada come from various countries and diverse backgrounds, most of them share at least one common characteristic – a strong desire to find better opportunities in life. What is it about this big, beautiful country that attracts thousands of people from so many different countries and diverse backgrounds?
Advantages of Canadian Immigration
There are several good reasons to move to Canada which can be summarized by one word – opportunities! People who immigrate to Canada have access to many amazing opportunities that are the envy of the rest of the world. Canadian permanent residents have the opportunity to enjoy one of the highest standards of living on the planet. They have the opportunity to apply for good-paying jobs in Canada or to start their own business as entrepreneurs. There are excellent educational opportunities available for people who immigrate to Canada which can provide them with better career options. Canadian permanent residents have the opportunity to receive free basic healthcare in Canada. Almost everywhere they go and anywhere they look, Canadian residents have the opportunity to view some of the most spectacular scenery on Earth. After they live in Canada as permanent residents at least four years during a six year period and meet other criteria, immigrants have the opportunity to apply for Canadian citizenship. Finally, as permanent residents or citizens of Canada, immigrants have the opportunity to live in a progressive democracy where freedoms and human rights are protected by the rule of law in one of the world’s most multicultural countries.
Canada – A Great Place to Live!
According to several respected reports, Canada is one of the top places on the planet to live and work:
- Canada is ranked #1 for quality of life and considered the #2 best overall country on Earth for 2018, according to a poll of 16,000 people around the world carried out by US News & World Report, the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business and BAV Consulting;
- The HSBC Expat Explorer Survey of 27,000 people around the globe released in 2017 declared Canada the #6 best country in the world for expats to live and work abroad;
- The United Nations World Happiness Report (March 2018) declared Canada as the 7th happiest country on Earth;
- In 2017, the respected Legatum Institute ranked Canada #2 in the world for personal freedom;
- Canada is the 8th most prosperous country on the planet, according to the 2017 Legatum Institute Prosperity Index;
- A Harris poll conducted in October 2015 found that 91% of the people who immigrate to Canada believe the “Canadian Dream” is a reality;
- Vancouver, Toronto and Calgary have been ranked among the top ten “Most Livable Cities in the World” for the past several years in a row by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), including in August 2018;
- A June 2018 global survey by the Reputation Institute found that Canada has the world’s #7 best reputation;
- The 2014 GEM Canada National Report listed Canada as the #2 best country to start a business;
- The Boston Consulting Group reported (October 2014) that Canada is the world’s #3 best country for job-seekers;
- A 2016 World Health Organization report stated that Canadians have one of the highest life expectancies (85 years for women and 81 years for men).