Skilled Tradespeople Needed in Canada!

There is a strong need all across Canada for skilled foreign tradespeople in numerous occupations, so the Canadian government created the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)  to help fill thousands of high-demand jobs in Canada. Thus, if you are an experienced tradesperson who meets the eligibility requirements for the FSTP, you may be able to apply for a permanent resident visa to Canada through the Express Entry Canadian immigration system. The authorized immigration consultants who work with Become A Canadian can provide you with an assessment of your eligibility. If you are approved for Canadian permanent residency, you and your eligible family members will be able to live and work in Canada, receive free basic healthcare, have access to educational programs, and have the opportunity to experience the high standard of living that Canada is famous for!


Many Occupations Qualify For The FSTP

Examples of just some of the many jobs in Canada that need to be filled include: aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors; appliance servicers and repairers; bricklayers; carpenters; crane operators; electricians; heavy-duty equipment mechanics; ironworkers; machinists and machining and tooling inspectors; oil and gas well drillers; plumbers; power engineers and power system operators; railway engineers; refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics; sheet metal workers; supervisors in the forestry and logging sector; supervisors in mining and quarrying; telecommunications installation and repair workers; tool and die makers; water and waste treatment plant operators; and welders. There are, of course, many more occupations that qualify for the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP). The authorized immigration consultants who work with Become A Canadian can let you know if your occupation qualifies.


Summary of Basic Requirements

In order to qualify to apply for Express Entry to Canada through the FSTP, you must meet the eligibility requirements. For example, you need at least two years of full-time paid work experience during the past five years in one of the dozens of skilled trades that qualify for the FSTP. These types of skilled trades usually require at least a high school diploma plus additional training, such as in a trade/vocational school, on-the-job training or apprenticeship. Since English and French are the official languages used in Canada, you will also need to have your English and/or French language skilled evaluated by taking an authorized assessment exam, such as the IELTS (for English) or TEF (for French), and obtaining a satisfactory score. As with all Canadian immigration programs, you will have to meet the health and character criteria, plus there are additional eligibility requirements. This is a summary and the authorized immigration consultants who work with can provide further details about the eligibility requirements. To find out if you are likely to qualify to apply for Express Entry to Canada through the FTSP (or another Canadian immigration program), click here!


DISCLAIMER: This information is not and should not be considered as expert or professional advice.